Wednesday, August 27

Beer makes me laugh

I found this joke online that I thought many Milwaukeean's should appreciate - in a twisted sort of way. Well, the men may not like me so much because it is a female-body-related joke. (I wonder what you're all thinking this is going to be now ... well, read on.)

"A guy walks into a bar, sits down, and asks, 'Bartender, any specials today?'

Bartender answers, 'Yes, as a matter of fact we have a new drink, invented by a gynecologist patron of ours. It's a mix of Pabst Blue Ribbon Beer and Smirnoff Vodka.'

The guy asks, 'Good grief, what do you call that?'

The bartender replied, 'It's a 'Pabst Smir.' "

(I got the joke here.)

Oh, and how is Florida?! In a word: Awesome. The weather is amazing. (We'll see if I feel the same way after tomorrow, upon the arrival of Hurricane Hanna ... or whatever it will end up being). 

I already made a stop in to Coaster's Pub, but unfortunately not for a beer. I actually went in there to apply for a job - they are hiring servers. Woot! How perfect is that for this beer girl. Even better, one of the owner's at the tavern has been reading my blog. What a small, little world it really is. (Oh, and if you, owner, happen to read this - no hard feelings if I don't get the job. Although, I still am crossing my fingers). 

And, right before I left a couple of my friends gave me a little going-away/birthday gift basket filled with a wonderful selection of Lakefront Brewery brews. For a day that was about all we had in our fridge. Well, that and a case of our homebrews - a site that would make fellow beer drinkers proud. I had one of the Lakefront brews today, actually. I gotta say, there's nothing like a good ol' Wisconsin beer in the warm, sunny weather of Florida.

I do have photos to put up from some fun down here and also from my last beer-full weekend in Wisconsin, but I currently can't find my camera cord among the boxes and other piles of la-ti-da, so I'll get to that as soon as I can. Also, my apartment doesn't have internet, so I will be coming to you from internet cafes across the coast. This should be fun, so stay tuned.

No comments: